2007 Resume - Timothy Casey B.Sc.(Hons.)
Mobile: (04) 1290 1844
For the past ten years, I've worked my way up in the petroleum industry, from chip-logging ("mud-logging") to well-site geologist and drilling supervisor ("company man") often consulting in a project management capacity. In addition to my honours degree majoring in geology, I have a BOP ticket and 4x4 accreditation. I also have excellent problem solving abilities as shown by this web-site, which combines fixed branding, dropdown menus, Triple-A rated accessibility for visually impaired, standards compliance, compatibility with all browsers, and functionality under all security settings. As solving these complex web design problems is not strictly within my field, I believe I can go much further working within my field for your company.
During the current oil crisis, my goal is to operate as either a geologist or a company man while my business undergoes it's transition into the new strategic model. This will allow alterations in the business strategy to gradually nurture its economic growth in my absence. With automated systems running the bulk of my business I have an opportunity to further my career in the petroleum industry & I intend to pursue this opportunity.
Qualifications, Accreditations & Licenses
- Bachelor of Science majoring in geology with Honours research in siliciclastic and carbonate sedimentology, from the University of Melbourne.
- Current Victorian driver's license held from 1986
- Current IWCF/ IADC (WellCAP) Supervisor's combined Subsea & Surface Well Control Certificate (ISS 0796-AU308-1677 - Expires February 2008)
- Current St John Senior First Aid Certificate (70108NT, HLTFA1A, PUAEME002A, 70104NT - RTO: 88041)
- Current SA Transport Training Centre Four Wheel Drive Accreditation compliant to PMA SUP 236B (FWD - 73888)
- Current SANTOS Level 1 OH&S Induction, Unit 1.1 & Work Permits Rev. 60. (KD Fisher OH&S Training Centre - Expires September 2007)
- SANTOS Heat Stress Ticket (OCCHAS P098, Expired 2006)
- HUET Ticket (Card No. 07.115 0997, OIFAP Survival Training Centre, Perth, Expired 1999)
- TEMPSC Abandonment Ticket (Card No. 07.115 0997, OIFAP Survival Training Centre, Perth, Expired 1999)
Recent Career History
- 2007. Achieve WCAG WAI-AAA rating for geologist-1011.com in addition to standards compliance. Final debugging of menu system, new template, & successful minimisation impact of inconsistencies in Internet Explorer 7 interpretation of HTML/CSS.
- 2006. Night Supervisor with Labrador Petro-Management in Cooper Basin for Stuart Petroleum. Completed BOP Subsea/Surface Supervisor's Certification.
- 2005-2006. Well Site Geologist with Triassic in Surat Basin for Arrow Energy NL; chip logging, wireline log interpretation, production zone identification, pick formation tops, devise lag approximation formulae for client, daily reporting for geological operations, and management of those operations in compliance with environmental conservation guidelines and with respect to local cultural sensitivities. Define & implement SOP & client-specific OH&S policy. Completed Senior First Aid Certification.
- 2005-2006. Drilling Supervisor with Triassic in Surat Basin for Arrow Energy NL; reporting on engineering operations, activity logging, conduct well site inductions, oversee BOP tests & conduct crude LOTs, well site supervision; conduct safety meetings & prepare JSAs as required, sign on/off as permit authority, supervise visitors, open and close access roads as dictated by weather & client liabilities, organise transport, fluids, services and equipment as required by the well site.
- 2005. Chip Logging with Geoservices in Cooper/Eromanga Basin; detailed & extensive sampling, lithological logging & data engineering.
- 2004. Return to building internet business, develop new programming technology, pilot five new products, and achieve standards compliance for fieldcraft.biz
- 2003. Brief contract with Geoservices as chip logger in the Surat Basin.
- 2002. Launch of FieldCraft, a software and web development business culminating in successful research into low footprint mark-up and instant random length field database access by late 2005.
- 2000-2001. Two year sabbatical - Start Masters Degree in Applied Geology researching the sedimentology of the Lake Frome Group in the Arrowie Basin.
- 1997-1999. Chip Logging with Geoservices in Cooper/Eromanga Basin. Complete HUET & 4x4 training
- 1996. Graduate Bachelor of Science with Honours majoring in geology and honours research in both siliciclastic and carbonate sedimentology at the University of Melbourne.
Geology & Sedimentology
The completion of my honours project endowed me with a broad spectrum of sedimentological expertise. The Bachelor's degree comprised a range of hands-on units such as:
- VIEPS Introduction to Petroleum Geology by Kevin C. Hill & Cathy A. Hill
- Sedimentary Geology and Fuels by Malcolm Wallace - Field work at Phosphate Hill near Mansfield, Victoria
- Metalliferous Ore Deposits by Ian R. Plimer - Field work in the West Coast Range, Tasmania.
- Structural Geology & Tectonics by Christopher Wilson - Field work at Broken Hill, New South Wales; Stawell, Victoria; Mallacouta, Victoria.
- Surficial & Quaternary Geology by James M. Bowler - Field work in the Murray Basin, Victoria.
- Petrological & Geochemical Methods - Field work in Broken Hill, New South Wales.
- Geophysical Methods and Remote Sensing by Bernard Joyce
- Introduction to Hydrogeology
- Advanced Carbonate Diagenesis
Perhaps my problem-solving ability is best demonstrated by the web site; geologist-1011.com which, in its development presented one of the most challenging problems facing the internet community. As you can see, this site combines multiple browser compatibility, printer friendliness, standards-compliance, fixed panels & branding, dropdown menus, Triple-A rated accessibility for visually impaired, and operability under all security settings. As I was the first to solve the problem of successfully combining all these features, I believe this comprises the strongest demonstration of my problem-solving abilities.
- Extensive programming and software development skills.
- Troubleshooting skills.
- Process systematisation & GUI design as applied to software available for sale at fieldcraft.biz
- Knowledge of standard GUI design compliance ensures capability to use any application that is standards compliant with respect to GUI design.
- Lateral algorithm methodologies as seen in algorithms such as one I developed that mimics the way human beings compare unidimensional patterns.
- Computer security expertise that saw my systems ward off self-loading virus outbreaks over more than nine years.
- Developed eCommerce strategies for web design that targets hardened paying internet customers instead of amateurs who lack the confidence to do business online.
- Developed low footprint XHTML, HTML, & CSS that validates, cross-platform compatible and does not need to run code on the visitor's computer as used at:
Throughout my career, I carried out extensive research in various fields including; siliciclastic & carbonate sedimentology, Queensland OH & S regulations, software development, web site engineering, and online business development. This has allowed me to develop excellent investigative and project management skills.
When executing the honours component of my degree, I carried out research of limestone body origins in Loyola, spanning siliciclastic and carbonate sedimentology.
Referees are available upon request.
Aside from geology and computers, my interests include sailing, personality psychological & cultural diversity, cycling, technology, and online business strategy.